The average life span of a well-maintained air conditioning unit is 10-15 years. If you fail to give it proper maintenance, it can only last for 5-7 years. Broward County is a coastal area that experiences weather extremes all year long. The harmful chemicals in the air such as sulfuric acid and salt can affect AC performance. The importance of AC repairs and maintenance in Broward County, Florida includes:
- To reduce power consumption and prevent high electricity bills
- To maximize the life span of the AC unit
- To maintain the efficiency of HVAC unit
Signs that your AC unit needs a repair
Here are the signs that your unit needs a repair:
- Strange sounds
- Weird sounds can be an indication that something is wrong. When the unit produces excessive noise every time, there might be a problem with the indoor coil.
- Strange odors
- An unpleasant smell from your AC unit could mean capacitor damage. A musty smell may indicate mold buildup inside the ductwork. Your HVAC unit should be free from bad odors to keep the air clean.
- Too much dust
- This may indicate that there are leaks in the ductwork. This leads to poor air circulation and system failure.
- Poor air/no cool airflow
- Poor airflow is a sign that your unit needs immediate and serious repair. This also means that your compressor is not working well. No cool airflow is a clear indication that your system’s freon levels are extremely low or running out.
- High electricity bills
- When your monthly electric bill is rising, suspect that your AC unit is experiencing trouble.
To ensure that your AC unit is in good condition, schedule an annual maintenance/tune-up. This will prevent system malfunction and costly repairs.
When your unit experiences system issues, call your local HVAC technician immediately. You have to treat the underlying problem to prevent further damage to your unit. If the cost of repair is too much, consider purchasing a new AC unit.
Service Tech Solutions provides an immediate and proper solution to your faulty AC unit. Our company is certified and insured. We have highly trained technicians that will examine your unit thoroughly. We will give you honest feedback and offer practical solutions and alternatives. Service Tech Solutions also offers HVAC installation and maintenance services. Call us at (+1) 954-295-4032 or make an appointment online.