The average life span of a well-maintained air conditioning unit is 10-15 years. If you fail to give it proper maintenance, it can only last for 5-7 years. Broward County is a coastal area that experiences weather extremes all year long. The harmful chemicals in the air such as sulfuric acid and salt can affect AC performance. The importance of AC repairs and maintenance in Broward County, Florida includes:
- To reduce power consumption and prevent high electricity bills
- To maximize the life span of the AC unit
- To maintain the efficiency of HVAC unit
Signs that your AC unit needs a repair
Here are the signs that your unit needs a repair:
- Strange sounds
- Weird sounds can be an indication that something is wrong. When the unit produces excessive noise every time, there might be a problem with the indoor coil.
- Strange odors
- An unpleasant smell from your AC unit could mean capacitor damage. A musty smell may indicate mold buildup inside the ductwork. Your HVAC unit should be free from bad odors to keep the air clean.
- Too much dust
- This may indicate that there are leaks in the ductwork. This leads to poor air circulation and system failure.
- Poor air/no cool airflow
- Poor airflow is a sign that your unit needs immediate and serious repair. This also means that your compressor is not working well. No cool airflow is a clear indication that your system’s freon levels are extremely low or running out.
- High electricity bills
- When your monthly electric bill is rising, suspect that your AC unit is experiencing trouble.
To ensure that your AC unit is in good condition, schedule an annual maintenance/tune-up. This will prevent system malfunction and costly repairs.
When your unit experiences system issues, call your local HVAC technician immediately. You have to treat the underlying problem to prevent further damage to your unit. If the cost of repair is too much, consider purchasing a new AC unit.
Service Tech Solutions provides an immediate and proper solution to your faulty AC unit. Our company is certified and insured. We have highly trained technicians that will examine your unit thoroughly. We will give you honest feedback and offer practical solutions and alternatives. Service Tech Solutions also offers HVAC installation and maintenance services. Call us at (+1) 954-295-4032 or make an appointment online.
The consistently hot temperature in Pompano Beach, Florida can be harsh and energy-draining. You need to have a well-functioning AC unit to keep your place cool all year round. The importance of air conditioner maintenance in Pompano Beach, FL includes:
- To guarantee a long service life
- To prevent expensive repair cost
- To maintain the unit’s efficiency
- To produce and maintain good air quality
- To prevent unit breakdown
- To avoid high electricity bills
- To prevent airborne diseases
Regular AC Maintenance
An annual AC maintenance/tune-up can keep your unit in tip-top condition. This includes the following services:
- Changing filters
- Air-conditioning filters prevent dust buildup and improve air quality. Changing the filters of your HVAC unit regularly will maintain its efficiency.
- Checking coolant level
- The coolant or refrigerant creates the cool air in the AC system. Leaks can cause further damage to the unit.
- Duct Cleaning and Repair
- Indoor air quality is a primary concern. Regular duct cleaning can prevent any obstruction in the ductwork. Some of the most common duct obstructions are:
- Blocked vents
- Dirty air filters
- Damaged or leaking duct work
- Closed zone dampers
- Thermostat checking
- A thermostat is the temperature regulator of the HVAC unit. A malfunctioning thermostat can lead to uneven cooling and sudden rise in electricity bills.
- Fixing broken or damaged internal parts.
- Damaged AC parts are not easily noticeable. Continuing to run the AC unit might lead to system breakdown and unit failure.
Living in Pompano, Florida may feel like living in a tropical paradise, with warm weather all year round. But we understand how the smoldering heat of the sun can affect your comfort. We also know that your HVAC unit can’t sometimes keep up with the hot weather.
To keep your HVAC unit running well, Service Tech AC Solutions is here to help. We’ve been providing AC repair and maintenance services in South Florida for 6 years now. Our professionally trained experts will make sure your unit is at its best condition. If you need AC maintenance and tune-up services, call us at (+1) 954-295-4032. We will be happy to serve you.